Friday, May 1, 2009

Early to Bed

Did you know that sleep makes all the difference in the world? Honestly - it does. I was able to go to sleep early last night and I also snoozed on the couch this afternoon while my son played with his Legos on the floor.

I feel like a million bucks!

Interestingly, I saw a story on the news this evening about a young man who was mis-diagnosed as ADHD when, in fact, he had a sleeping disorder. Once the sleeping disorder was treated, he was able to concentrate much more on his schoolwork.

I could almost hear God clearing his throat meaningfully as I listened to that story...(ok, ok...I get it...)


It's almost enough to make me take this sleeping situation seriously because there's just so much in life I want to accomplish. I'm glad that I committed my major life goals to writing because it's been enough to really get me moving in that direction. I've emailed the Ann Richard's School (although I've yet to hear back from them...darn...that means I need to follow up with a call), I've attended a Greenlights Board Summit and made first contact (sounds like a sci-fi movie, doesn't it??) with a few local non-profits that are looking for new board members, and although my daughter's room still needs a lot of work in the book/toy/art supply department - it is TONS better in the clothes department.

Who would have guessed that a blog is what would get me moving in the right direction?

No comments: