Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Major Life Goals

In an attempt to stop beating myself up CONSTANTLY (although I am very good at it....), I've decided to blog-i-fy my major life goals. Some of these seem pretty simple and quick and some seem bigger and more difficult. The truth is, however, that ALL of them are big and complex for me or they wouldn't be on my "I need to do this" list.

1. Organize my kids' rooms. Seriously. It is so bad. And I am NOT an organizer so it's really hard for me to know where to begin on this one.
2. Obtain my Certificate in Nonprofit Management. This is a big one for me - I really want this - but I'm not sure yet what the best option is for me in going down that road.
3. Become a member of a non-profit board. I've taken some steps in this direction, but I'm not on a board yet and I think this is really important for me.
4. Take my daughter on a tour of the Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders. She's not sure she wants to pursue this (you know, she's almost 10 and "all her friends" will be going to the regular middle school). I really want her to do so, but don't believe in forcing these issues. I realize that what I really need to do is take a systemized and organized approach with her and make sure I get out there and expose her to as many options as possible.
5. Regularly do volunteer activities as a family. One of the guys I work with is on the board for Loaves and Fishes. I've heard it's a great activity to do as a family. I think that's where I'll start.

Ok - I've blog-i-fied five items. Now I feel more accountable. Between you, me and this blog - the only one that truly gives me major stress is #1 - organizing my kids' rooms.

No comments: