Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bar Hopping

I went bar hopping last night and it was so much fun. (Although the headache is beginning now...which is, of course, much less fun than the hopping was.)

I never did the bar hopping thing in undergrad or law school, and of course - there's "no day but today" - so I regressed just a bit and went out with my super cool friend who knows all the great places. Hopefully that was enough to get it out of my system, because this morning my 37-year-old body is definitely asking me what the heck I was thinking AND I'm also getting ready to do the Jillian Michael's super duper healthy eating plan. I can't imagine that the mussels dripping in butter (Cru wine bar), queso nachos (from another restaurant/bar in the 2nd street area...the name escapes me), and various glasses of wine, margaritas, and mojitos did good things for the old metabolism.

So at this point, I think I'll go lie down for a bit and read about my new healthy lifestyle....or maybe I'll just nap.

2 comments:

Renee said...

LOL, this cracked me up! And please tell you didn't drink all the things you listed! I would have been carried out!

JennInAustin said...

Um....I didn't JUST drink all the things I listed....but I have lost all desire to go out and party now! So there's a silver lining....