Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Marauder's Map



Do you know how I know my son loves me? He spent tons of time working on something for me but didn't let me look at it. So I tucked him into bed as he was still working on it and went to take my bath. When I got out of the bath, I found this waiting for me on my pillow.

It's the Marauder's Map! Complete with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Percy, Snape, Peter Pettigrew, and Professor Lupin marked on it in little dots. It's probably one of the best gifts I've ever received. I especially love the kindergarten phonetic spelling of all of the names. (Not too bad, really - I could easily read all of them.) I want to frame it or something - I was just so touched that he spent all that time on it, then left it on my pillow.

He is growing up. You know, he wants to take "Ella G." to dinner with the principal on Tuesday (in the silent auction, we'd bought him dinner with the principal, just as we had for his big sis when she was in kindergarten - and he gets to bring one friend). I wasn't sure which of the two Ella's in his class was "Ella G." since neither of their last names began with G. I showed him the yearbook so he could point her out to me. He practically rolled his eyes, pointed to one and said "I want to take the cute one, Mom!"

Alrighty, then. Thanks for clearing that up for me, son.

My sweetie. Not at all a baby anymore but I have no regrets, because babies can't draw Marauder's Maps for their mom.

No comments: