Monday, May 18, 2009

Should I link with Barack?????

Dude....Barack Obama has a LinkedIn profile.....I kid you not. I was looking for someone else and in that sidebar they have where it says "Viewers of this profile also viewed...." I saw that Barack Obama was listed. (His present position, President of the United States of America, is much more impressive-sounding than many other positions out there, especially those ambiguous ones like "Driven entrepreneur with powerful connections" or something like that. I always think: "Well, yeah...but what do you DO??")

So Barack's profile is nicely put together. This got me to wondering, is George W out there? There are 2 profiles I found but I will hope that they are not legit because they are really wimpy profiles and one even has weird grammar. ("President at US Government" - huh???)

Barack has 500+ connections, as one might expect. I don't think I'll send him an invite to "connect" because that just seems like it would be an odd thing to do. But it is very interesting to ponder. Hmmm..... Wonder if I could get him to write me a reference? (hee, hee....)

That does remind me, however, that I have a friend from law school who is an up and coming politician. I'd bet good money that he's on LinkedIn too. I'll have to look him up.

No comments: