Monday, June 29, 2009

Poor Little Puppy

We found out last week that my dog had lots of bladder stones. (And...lest you ask like one of my friends at work, who has continued to ask me over and over....NO - I do NOT feed my dog bad food. He eats Purina only - no people food.)

We knew he had a lot of stones but we had NO IDEA how bad it was until the doctor showed us a vial full and then told us that was only 1/5 of the amount in his entire bladder. Poor baby! He must have been in horrible pain. Now he's just sleepy and sore.

The worst part, however, was this morning when I took him to the vet. He had some painful exams last week as we were trying to figure out what was wrong so he was very upset about me taking him back there. He was kind of yelling at me (if you know what I mean about dogs yelling...) - clearly trying to tell me that I didn't understand, that these people really hurt him.

I, of course, felt so guilty because there's no way for me to explain to him that I know but it's all for the best!

So I say again....poor, poor little puppy.

No comments: