Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Corvette Brakes, Size 7 Shoes, and Other Adventures

I am totally and completely stressed out by work...but the good news is that I get to come home to these kids who are growing up like crazy.


Tonight I had to take my daughter to Academy to get her some tennis shoes for Girl Scout Camp next week. She just finished 4th grade and she is in a SIZE 7. Size 7, people!!! Maybe this is normal - I have no idea. But my own feet are somewhere between and 7 and a 7 1/2 so it's pretty darn clear that she'll be wearing my shoes (well, not my Cole Haan's, thank you very much...) or she'll have OUTGROWN my shoes by the time she's in middle school.


Dang.


Then...when we got back home, she got right on the phone with one of her best friends. (They're actually going to Girl Scout Camp together.) She's been on the phone for a good 40 minutes now and if I don't go in there soon and make her hang up, I bet she'd be on it all night.


So, ladies and gents, I believe I officially have a pre-teen girl living in my house.


In the meantime, my husband is having a good time trying to remove the brakes from the Corvette because they were a bit "iffy" - and it's fun for him to do the replacement himself. I'd never seen an actual wheel (sans tire) with the brake attached. It was cool. If my son wasn't playing the XBox 360, I'm sure he'd be out there helping his dad. Here's a picture of my better half working on the brakes. Needless to say, I'm terribly impressed that he's able to do this. (Since, as I believe I've mentioned, I am unable to change a tire.)



Photobucket

No comments: