Saturday, January 31, 2009

A New Experience



Today, for some (probably infathomable) reason, I am wearing a red silk shawl over my head. Well, truth be told - I think I could put together the various pieces of my life which encouraged this new style.
1. There was a previous posting I made about modesty (although I don't think that's the main thing)

2. There's Slumdog (that's almost certainly the main inspiration - although my shawl is sadly not as cool as Latika's awesome yellow one)

3. There's my new focus on trying to eat an Ayurvedic diet to moderate my pitta dosha ("What?????" you say) Long story....I'm sure it will be the focus of some future post.

4. Finally I've been listening to the Putamaya Arabic Groove CD and then the Slumdog soundtrack all day long

It really just comes down to the fact that all of this feels right for me at this point in my life. And when it comes to having this shawl over my head, I have to admit (although I honestly can't explain it) that it's been very centering for me today. It's kept me more focused on the here and now - and on what's really going on with me on the inside.

Plus, as I was driving around in my red convertible this morning with it, I'm sure I looked like Grace Kelly. (At any rate - I had fun pretending like I did!)




No comments: