Thursday, January 1, 2009

Back to Work

Tomorrow I head back to the office, but of course then I get a weekend. As hard as it feels like it will be for me to go into the office tomorrow, I am simply DREADING the full week of work that faces me next week. The funny thing is that I actually like my job and the people I work with - I guess I just got spoiled by hanging out with my peeps for a few weeks.

The way I look at it, however, this holiday served to teach me how lucky I am to have such a great family. If I was counting the minutes to get back to work, that would be pretty sad. As it is - I will be counting the minutes until 5:00 on Friday evening so I can get back home to them.

Today my youngest seems to be suffering from pink eye (or something of that nature) so he didn't feel really great - but the silver lining about that is that he was perfectly happy to let me rock him and then he fell asleep in my lap. That doesn't happen very often anymore.

Tomorrow his dad might have to take him to the doctor if it doesn't go away...and hopefully I won't wake up with my own eyes swollen shut! But if I do, it's just proof that I'm a Mom - right? And that's why I work - really, it is. I work at a job that is busy but not as busy as I would be if I worked at a law firm (because no amount of money is worth not being home for dinner). I like the fact that my kids know I work and make money for the family - but I also like the fact that they know I have to sleep with a teddy bear and like to go out to dinner with their dad.

It's so easy to lose track of what's important and I sure have had my share of losing track of what matters over the last few years...but now I get it.

No comments: