Saturday, January 17, 2009

Party with the Nieces

My two little nieces are in town this weekend and tomorrow I'll be a single mother of 4 for about 12 hours, as my husband and his sister drive out to San Angelo to see their grandad (who hasn't been doing very well). It sounds rather novel to me at this point, and I have big plans to take them to the Bob Bullock museum, see an IMAX movie there, etc....however, something tells me that by about 6:30 p.m. the novelty will have worn thin.

To all of you who are full-time mothers of four (especially if you do it on your own - for any number of kids) - you have my highest respect.

The girls are LOVING this "warm" Texas weather and spending all their time playing in the backyard. They are from Maine so they see legitimate winters. [i.e. - "Walk outside without a coat and get frostbite" winters] You can really tell what a weenie I am, though, because as they play outside in light clothes, I'm inside all bundled up and freezing. I keep trying to sneak the heater up to 71 degrees - much to the consternation of the rest of the humans in the house.

No comments: