1. Pluto was still a planet.
2. the SW Conference still existed.
3. I could drink one beer and still be sober enough to drive.
4. I'd been a little wilder in my youth/20's.
5. I had more discipline so I could follow my artistic dreams.
6. churches were more welcoming to people who are "different."
7. passion never died.
8. my kids could see a White Christmas (someday...).
9. the Dilbert TV show hadn't been taken off the air after just one season.
10. that our nation wasn't divided into Democrats and Republicans.