Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jealousy...

Although I'm generally a "fairy tale" kind of girl, I tend to be very cynical about politicians and their spouses. Bill Clinton really broke my heart. 'Nuff said on that subject.

BUT....I can't help but yearn for what Barack and Michelle seem to have ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/20/barack-and-michelle-obama_n_159504.html ). I know, I know, I know....it's all media. I'm buying into the hype. But still....I guess I just see something in their eyes and think - "Yes! That's what marriage is supposed to be!"

Ok - feel free to flame me now for my naivete - I'm sure I deserve it.

2 comments:

Renee said...

You are SO not naive! One of the reasons I believe with every fiber in my being that he is EXACTLY who he says he is, is because I can look at them together and the love that just radiates off them and know that he would not have the love of a woman like that if he wasn't the man we know he is. They aren't just spouses. They are IN LOVE with each other. It is the most beautiful thing.

JennInAustin said...

It is. And I'm still jealous. ;)