Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thin Mints, anyone??


Nothing says it's time for that crazy and unpredictable Texas weather like seeing crates of Thin Mints in my garage. Oh yes, ladies and gentlemen - it is time for those omnipresent Girl Scout Cookies!!!!

In case you're wondering what the weekend weather will be like for the next month, I can pretty much guarantee that it will be frigid IF my daughter and I are signed up for a cookie booth slot on that weekend.

She's doing pretty well, though. She's sold almost 150 boxes already. Well, to be honest....I'VE sold almost 150 boxes already. I'm discovering the benefits of working with 20-something singles - it turns out that one of the biggest advantages is that I have NO COMPETITION for cookie sales. These are all young, energetic, good looking people who have their whole life in front of them. They apparently intend to spend the next month of it eating as many Lemonades, Thanks A Lots, and Thin Mints as humanly possible. This is perfectly fine with me. (Woo-hoo!)

I did take my daughter out into the seriously cold weather up in Waco this weekend when we visited my parents so that we could do the traditional door to door selling up there. It was 37 degrees on Saturday. I honestly have no idea what I was thinking. I did, however, bundle us up in multiple layers and that was the only exercise I got all weekend - so I suppose it all worked out for the best.






No comments: