Friday, March 6, 2009

Less Cool Than You Might Think...

Things that seemed cool in Jr. High/High School that are actually kind of un-cool:

1. Moonlighting - I totally adored that show when it was originally on, but recently rented the first few shows and was shocked to find out that it's actually pretty bad.

2. Porsche 911s - Used to want one of those really bad. I'm sure plenty of people still think those are cool cars (like my husband, for example) but now I just see them as kind of tacky.

3. Blue eyeshadow - 'nuff said on that one. Yes, I grew up in the 80's.

4. Perms - see #3, above.

5. Tom Cruise - I have major issues with this guy. Now, to my credit, I was never obsessed with him. Harrison Ford was my guy back then. But I did think he was kind of cool and really liked Top Gun (yet another item that deserves to be on this list).

6. Flowers in the Attic (shudder)

I'm sure there are plenty of other things as well...but that's what occurs to me at the moment.

No comments: