Friday, February 27, 2009

Venus Rising



My husband called me to the front yard tonight to see the moon and Venus. It was gorgeous. I have to admit that, even on our busy street with cars zooming by every few minutes, I felt incredibly peaceful as I looked at them. It's hard to tell in this picture, but the moon is really just a sliver, on the bottom part - so it looks as if Venus is just about to be scooped up by the Moon.

I do love Venus - from a visual perspective. Although I must admit that I recently played around on an astrology website (I honestly can't remember how or why I found it in the first place) and read about how I'm a Libra in Venus or Venus in Libra...or something like that. (You know, like e.e. cummings, Calista Flockhart, and Richard Gere - whatever that means....)

At any rate - if you're reading this on Friday night and you haven't seen the moon and Venus, I recommend the view.

1 comment:

Renee said...

one of the many benefits of being married to David! LOL That is a beautiful picture!