Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dune

It was actually really tough to decide and the truth is that I bet I will read every single one of the books recommended by you guys. For some reason, the line "awesome witches attempting to control the universe" just grabbed onto my imagination and refused to let go. One can only wonder why, if the goal was to find a book which fits my psyche, that particular line is what drew me in. I suspect my husband might have some choice words on the subject.

But that's neither here nor there.

To answer a few of the questions posted, I most certainly did read Owen Meany (it's in my list I believe) and I still ponder it weekly. Loved it. I also recently read Catcher in the Rye - my awesome sister-in-law gave it to me for my birthday along with a fabulous library poster of Adam Rickman (droooooollll....) holding it. He apparently loves the book. Which fits, obviously. The other books will all be on my list in the near future.

And may I just say that my small but dedicated group of friends and family who read my angst-ridden and quirky public diary are tremendously good sports for playing along with this latest adventure. Megan, your Border's gift card will be in the mail but since I might have to buy stamps first, you might have to wait just a bit.

No comments: