Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blocked

I've sat down at my computer for the last two evenings to try to blog - because there's been a lot I've wanted to tell you guys. (Or tell myself, depending upon whether or not others are reading this.) After staring at the screen for a while, I've given up, taken my hydrocodone and Benadryl (because the pain meds cause a slight itchy reaction in me so the nurse told me to dose with Benadryl also) and - as one might imagine - have crashed really hard and fast shortly thereafter.

Even without the drugs, I've been excessively tired - my best guess is that perhaps my body is expending a lot of energy trying to heal my (**STUPID**) broken leg. Or perhaps it's affecting my spirit, although I really don't think that's the case. I'm not letting myself get sad about this...I don't think I am anyway. Who knows why I'm this tired. But whatever the reason, the tiredness is part of what's been interfering with my blogging. As a matter of fact, I haven't even kept up to date with my movies and books on the right hand column.

To be perfectly honest, I had no desire to update my movie report because the last movie I saw was The Spy Next Door - I took my kids on Monday while my husband went into work for a while and UGH. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I think that's all I could write about it. In the book department, I think I'm just being lazy because I am reading a new book - I just haven't updated.


Tonight I've been sitting at a local coffee shop while my daughter is at choir practice (I used to exercise while she was at choir practice but that's clearly not an option now with my leg in this condition), trying to get some work done and trying even harder to stay awake. I caved and bought a slice of their pumpkin cake, thinking it would wake me up along with the coffee. It didn't. It just made me feel fat.

I suppose it wasn't all in vain. I mean, I finally posted. That's got to count for something.

Next time, however, I'll try to avoid the empty calories when I'm attempting to break through my writer's block.

No comments: