Friday, July 31, 2009

My New Adventure

I know, I know. Long time no blog.

But today was something special so here I am...it was my first board meeting. I think I mentioned that I joined the board of a small non-profit here in town? I was very excited beforehand and even MORE excited after I left...I was just brimming with ideas - which is a good thing since I volunteered to be the Treasurer.

Yup. Me.

It's WAY out of my comfort zone but I think this is going to be a good adventure for me. For one thing, I'm not afraid to ask for help when I need it and there's really not a better way for me to get some good finance and fundraising experience. The icing on the cake is that HOPEFULLY I'll make a positive difference in my community in the process.

So if you keep a running prayer list of people who might need a little extra support - put me near the top, please. And try not to snicker the next time you see me.

No comments: