Saturday, July 18, 2009

All I Need to Know I Learned from My Kids at the Beach...

1. There's nothing like seeing something (like the ocean) through a child's eyes for the first time.

2. Those UV-resistant sun shirts are great. Too bad my husband and I let our tummy's get a wee bit lobster-ish....but our kids were ok!

3. Teach your children in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it. Tonight as I took my son out one last time, he spent the first 5 minutes picking trash off the beach, without any prompting on my part.

4. Nothing is as fulfilling and entertaining as nature is...specifically, little bitty hermit crabs that you put into little temporary swimming pools dug out of the sand.

5. When you see your two children cuddling on the couch, or spending hours playing games on the beach or in the condo - you know you are seeing the biggest success of your entire life.

No comments: