Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Babies Are Home!

My kids are back home - yea! As soon as my son walked in the door, I swear that I could tell he was taller than when I saw him on Sunday. They've been at my parents' house for the last few days and they'll be gone again early next week. My husband and I really enjoy having the time together but I sure am glad to get their exhausting energy back into my life when they come back home!

While she was up in Waco, my daughter got a VERY grown up looking haircut. It's super cute. As a matter of fact, it REALLY resembles what my new haircut looked like when I first got it a few months ago.

You know, although I've tried to keep a positive attitude, I've been pretty down for the last few days. On the drive home I was listening to my "blues" playlist on my iPod and I finally got to the song "So Small" by Carrie Underwood - those lyrics helped a lot. "Sometimes the mountain you are climbing is just a grain of sand." Man, that is completely true for me. And, although I'm not normally a big fan of country-ish music, she's absolutely right when she says that "love is what matters after all" and it makes everything else "seem so small." So as I listened to that, I thought about my kids and the fact that my frustrated ambitions really are tiny in comparison to how happy I am to have my kids back home with me tonight.

No comments: