Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm home!!

And by home...I mean I was in the ocean tonight. I walked out into the waves and was more fulfilled than I have been in years. It was probably a good thing that I needed to stay close to the shore to keep an eye on my kids. My natural instinct, for some bizarre reason, is to throw caution to the wind and go out SO FAR into the surf that it becomes doubtful whether I'll make it back under my own power. (Thank goodness for those boys that were my high school friends and could always help me get back in if needed - although I was a pretty strong swimmer.)

Photobucket

It was a great day. We saw dolphins up close.

watching dolphins

And I saw my best friends. I know that most people don't like seagulls. ("Mine!! Mine!! Mine!!") However, MOST PEOPLE did not move to Corpus Christi the summer before their 7th grade year, a year which is often lonely for most bookworms - let alone a girl who came to a town with no friends and entered a Jr. High where she heard cuss words for the first time and saw fights on at least a weekly basis. The seagulls always brought me peace and joy - I know that sounds crazy...but they did. So I was very happy to see them again today.

seagulls

But the coolest thing was that my daughter decided to get a temporary tattoo - so I thought I'd follow in her footsteps. It was a very beachy, hippie, Corpus Christie-y kind of thing to do.

Photobucket

All in all - I'm so glad to be at the coast again.

No comments: