Thursday, April 16, 2009

Some guys have all the luck...

Tomorrow is 80's day at my old workplace. Man.........

I'm aware of this because my husband still works there. It was so much fun to dress up on Halloween, and do all the other fun and goofy social stuff. For a few years, I'd been lobbying my friends on one particular committee (a few committees, actually) to have a "dress like your favorite decade" day. Do they take my idea while I'm still there...nooooooo....they wait until I'm gone. (Poor me....are you feeling sorry for me yet?)

Anyway - if I hadn't left, tomorrow I could be dressing like Cyndi Lauper. Or Madonna. Or Molly Ringwald. (Honestly, Molly is more my style. I saw Pretty in Pink on one of my first dates. We had pizza afterwards, before we called his mom for a ride home.)

Sigh. It's ok though - really. The change was for the best, even without the cool costuming opportunities. I'm much tougher now than I was before and believe in myself much more. Granted - to stay with the 80's theme, that just means that I'm slightly closer to Jennifer Grey than I am to Molly Ringwald. But not much. I'm still not close to the Madonna or Joan Jett league. So when I say I'm 'tougher' you should really take that with a grain of salt.

At any rate, I will be living vicariously through my husband tomorrow as he heads off to 80's-world. And I'll be lucky if I can convince him to put a tie around his head. He really should - it's not like he wears them for any other reason. He might as well be Tom Cruise for a day. Oh - or he could really wear it the right way and he could be Alex from Family Ties!!! That's my suggestion! (Darn....all my brilliance, going to waste in corporate America. It's truly sad.)

No comments: