Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Logical Jennifer

There are a number of moderately stressful things going on in the world right now so Logical Jennifer is very busy lecturing me inside my head. Luckily (since she is logical - not emotional) - she's not being mean, just repeating various mantras - such as...

-the media likes to blow things out of proportion,
-the flu is often deadly, regardless of the strain,
and of course...
-Life is much too short to allow myself to be paralyzed with fear.

I have to say that I really appreciate good ol' L.J. although I'm not sure how much longer she'll be able to stay on top. My husband is about to leave on a trip with his dad, I'm having trouble keeping up with my kids' schedules, and (assuming I can find a babysitter) I'll be attending a funeral on Saturday for a former co-worker.

So I strongly suspect that Emotional Jennifer will re-emerge sometime within the next 48 hours.

On the upside, however:
- I will be attending an event tomorrow evening to try to hook up with non-profits that need board members
- I organized my daughter's wardrobe (getting rid of winter and outgrown clothes)
AND (last but not least)
- I'm receiving daily compliments about my new hairstyle

So - all is not lost. Anyway - I'm pretty hardheaded so I'll just keep plugging away. Worst case scenario - if I become sick with the flu, just think how much blogging I'll be able to accomplish! I'll probably be the first person to ever develop carpal tunnel syndrome as a complication from the flu.

No comments: