Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I love windows!

Do you remember the saying: Whenever God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window?

Well, it's true. I'm not sure how often I'll need to be hit upside the head to remember this, but hopefully sometime before I'm COMPLETELY grey I'll finally get it. I recently had a bit of a professional let down, thought I was ok about it but it turned out that I needed to mope about it.

...just a little bit of a mope, you understand...
(well - it turned into a slightly moderate-sized-mope)

Finally, a few days ago, it dawns on me that my tendency to never be completely satisfied with anything is not necessarily a bad thing. (You see, I've always assumed it was bad. It sure can cause complications in my life - let me tell you...) So after that, I had about 24 hours of self-acceptance at a level that was previously unattainable.

Hmmmm. It was ever so much nicer than beating myself up.

At any rate (and this is the really cool thing) - a new and exciting professional opportunity showed up. I'm relatively convinced that if I hadn't started to accept myself, I would not have recognized the opportunity.

So - I love windows. And I plan to fling myself right through this one!

No comments: