Saturday, April 25, 2009

Exhausted and Facing a Slumber Party

The title of this post pretty much sums it up for me right now.

1. I never sleep well. Never have. It seems to be getting worse - for some reason, I've been increasingly exhausted over the last few months.
2. We had to get up early because my daughter had 2 kickball games in a row first thing this morning.
3. From 1-3 we had her 10 year old bday party at Crenshaw's.
4. Right now, she's upstairs with her cousin and one friend and in about 30 minutes, three other girls will descend upon my house for a slumber party. (Yes, that would be 6 girls in my house tonight. Thank goodness one of those girls has a brother my son's age so he's over at his place for the night.)

I don't think it would be quite so bad if I didn't already feel like I'm about to fall asleep standing up and the evening of craziness has yet to begin. Luckily, as I was having trouble keeping my eyes open a few hours ago, my sweet husband suggested that I lie down for a nap for about 1/2 an hour. It was a stroke of genius. (I'm still tired - but much better than I was.)

Luckily, I was giving out tatoos to the kids as party give-aways and I grabbed a pirate tatoo for myself. I feel much tougher and able to face the onslaught with this on my arm...
Photobucket

No comments: