Sunday, April 19, 2009

Gardening Therapy


I have a confession to make. I do NOT have a green thumb...not by any stretch of the imagination. As a matter of fact, I'm relatively convinced that when plants feel my presence, they cringe in horror. Thank goodness my husband has a real skill with landscaping because if we had to depend upon my (lack of) gardening skills, our yard would be full of rocks and weeds.

He's painting the side of our house today, so I was sent to Home Depot for the paint. As I was waiting for the paint dude to mix it up, I wandered into the garden section and lusted after all the flowers and plants. I couldn't resist. I simply HAD to buy some herbs and various potting paraphernalia. In my perfect life, I would have a great vegetable and herb garden and plenty of time to cook. (Oh - I'd also have a horse.) I have to say that getting dirt under my nails and starting two herb planters felt really great. It's my own little attempt to get back to nature.

No comments: