Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Elves Nearly Find Peace....

What elves...and how did they find it?????
[Note to reader: if you don't have any idea what the Myers-Briggs personality test is - this will probably mean nothing to you...not that any of my other postings necessarily make tons of sense, but this one may seem particularly ODD.]

Well...I got my latest Myers-Briggs results this evening and I thought it would be kind of funny to come up with a phrase using my MB letters for the title of the posting. (Ok, ok - maybe it was just funny for me. But it's my blog and I'll make up strange mnemonics if I want to.)

I got a handy, dandy little explanation of myself (a single-sided 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper) and it is possibly my most treasured possession right now because, when I read it I feel very validated and affirmed. (This is a good thing. Affirmation is mentioned about 3 times on this guide-to-Jenn-and-her-oddness because ENFPs "need affirmation from others and need to affirm others.")

Oh, yeah - another fun little quirk about ENFPs is that we "experience a great depth of emotion and diverse feeling." No way, you say....you're kidding me, Jenn!!! Really, guys, I'm serious! (Now please affirm me already, ok????)

I've always assumed that I'm not "normal" because I've defined normal as a person who sees the world factually - not emotionally. (You know, someone who's the exact opposite of me - think of the phrase "Icicles Shred Through Jelly.")

But it turns out that I'm a perfectly normal Extroverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving person (thought I'd throw out the real words that go with the letters just for the heck of it).

I'm normal! (Ok - I admit that might be a bit of an overstatement.)

Let's go with...I'm definable! Woo-hoo!

No comments: