Saturday, October 4, 2008

Watching the Trees

I'm lying in bed, watching the trees sway through my bedroom window. It's especially nice in my new bedroom because of my new green walls. It feels especially nature-y. I remember that as a girl, green was always my favorite color (although sometimes it morphed into turquoise). One day in second grade, a boy in my class told me that I wasn't allowed to have green as my favorite color because green was (and I quote) "a boy's color." I responded with some profound insight, such as "Nuh-uh!!! Green is a girl's color!" He insisted and I told him I didn't care, green was my favorite color anyway.

He then said "you're one of those womens' libbers aren't you??" (I know - I'm dating myself here - we're talking mid-70's - do the math) And I said "Yes I am!"

I believe the conversation ended at that point.

I smile when I remember that. I'm going to try to get back to that second grade girl. I'm making progress....

1 comment:

Renee said...

Oh, I love it! I'm also very fond of green (witness my blog), it's tied with blue as my favorite color and more than any of the others makes me feel peaceful.

Great blog, Jenn!!