Thursday, October 16, 2008


Here's a picture I caught of my youngest holding my hand during the plane ride. His hand is almost as big as mine now.

We're in Maine! There is nothing quite so unusual and cool as a rainy day in New England. It's just not part of my normal Texas experience. I was up here last year in October, in a failed attempt to see Sara Bareilles (she cancelled the show at the last minute - but I still got to see Jon McLaughlin) and enjoyed myself tremendously.


My kids aged me by about a decade when we took them out on this big ol' jetty of granite with a lighthouse at the end of it. They slipped and slided all over the rocks as the rain came pouring down because they (unfortunately) take more after me than their father in the coordination department. Luckily - we still haven't had to visit the Portland ER. One can only hope that our luck holds out.


It's dark and cold and I think I'm going to go ahead and eat fish tonight. I'm such a rebel - breaking with my vegetarian ways when I'm in fish/crab/lobster country. [Editor's Note: I ended up eating clam chowder. It was delicious but I felt like less of a cheater, for some reason...you know, clams don't really have faces.]






No comments: