Sunday, October 5, 2008

My salad



When I was in Virginia for business last week, I had a salad that was great. It was a mango salad with a lime-miso dressing. This isn't quite it, but it is my attempt to re-create it. I'm rather impressed with the dressing, actually.

I must, however, confess something. I planned to post the recipe online. Unfortunately, when I do things like this - it doesn't occur to me to actually (I don't know...) MEASURE the ingredients so that a recipe could be reproduced in the future.

It is a yummy salad, however (and would probably be very nice with a chardonnay) so, for what it's worth - here's the loosey-goosey recipe:

- about 3/4 c fresh squeezed lime juice BUT that was too much so you should probably use about 1/2 c.

- probably about 1 T of miso (the light kind) - but, again, since you might not want to use so much lime juice, you might want to cut back a tad on the miso also...

- a bit of soy sauce (seriously, I just held it over the bowl for about a second - not very much)

- some olive oil (um....I have no clue how much I used of this ingredient...less than 1/4 c I'm almost sure)

It really is good though! You drizzle it over baby tomatoes, mangoes, avocados, and cucumbers. And it's so pretty.

No comments: