Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 6 - Last Day at Disney

Fitbit tells me I walked 24,374 steps today, which I can definitely believe. What confuses me, however, is that yesterday's day at MK was a lot more steps. Maybe that's correct but I also wish I'd checked my Fitbit before and after Space Mountain. I'm wondering if I ended up with a bunch of false positive "steps" during that ride. Hmmm. I'll never know.

Update: My husband informed me that my Hollywood Studios post incorrectly quoted the Aerospace song. It is not "you look like a lady" but is, in fact, "dude looks like a lady." I debated going back and correcting that post but decided against it at this point for two very important reasons:
1. It would seem dishonest to you, my loyal readers.
2. I prefer to think that they were actually telling me I look like a lady. Because, you know, of course they were singing to me - right?

Today we went back to Epcot and I couldn't WAIT to spend some time in the countries. But because of our late MK night - I did let us sleep in so we didn't get there until about noon.

Just a few interesting things I've learned:
- Whenever any 11 year old boy or 15 year old girl says "mom" I look around thinking it's me. This becomes an issue in Disney World.
- The $10 I spent on Disney stickers and glow sticks to hand out to random kiddos in the parks, on the buses, and at the resort to spread "pixie dust" was the best $10 I've ever spent on anything in my life. Those smiles were the best!
- I really should have double checked my grocery order because I accidentally ordered two half-gallons of milk and it's freaking me out it might go to waste. Food going to waste is a sin. Did I mention I'm Southern?

I will definitely be updating my trip report with new details and more pictures but I thought I'd end these short daily trip reports with one fun picture (our last PhotoPass at the World for this trip) and a few insights.

On our way out of Epcot, we asked an awesome photographer (who was brand new - "earning his ears") if he had any Magic Shots. He asked what we'd already done and we told him. He looked at me slyly and asked: "Do you like Frozen?" I went bananas because I knew that meant he had Olaf and I'd been wanting an Olaf picture ALL WEEK! My 15-year-old daughter had to tell me to calm down. So here's our wonderful Olaf picture!

3 comments:

Mica said...

Who got an IV? Why? Y'all ok?

JennInAustin said...

Kathryn - ER trip - thinking it might be appendicitis but she's ok. :) No appendicitis, thank goodness!

Megan Willome said...

Well, it is summer. you had to have a picture with Olaf.