Saturday, February 6, 2010

Starry, Starry Night

I went to Painting with a Twist tonight with a friend and we had so much fun re-creating Starry, Starry Night. I especially liked it when one of the teachers would come by and tell me how I should change my painting...because...at that point, there was this rebellious spark that came up and I would generally decide to NOT follow the suggestion. So my painting turned out much lighter blue with more of the pieces touching each other than the teacher's example but it was a GREAT EXPERIENCE. I learned a lot about myself (about what I see as beautiful and interesting) and I certainly gained a new appreciation for Van Gogh.














Here I am near the beginning of the process. And the picture below is the final product. I'm rather proud! I probably had one of the most active, "fire-like" trees in the entire class. I just put a lot of motion into my tree.

No comments: