Thursday, December 11, 2008

Great and Glorious Friends

I have some truly magnificent friends. How on Earth did I get so lucky???

Within 24 hours:
- one of my friends supported me through my own trauma even though her mom had 1/2 of one of her lungs removed this morning because of cancer
- another friend taught me how I could put my hair up on Saturday night when I go to my fancy, schmancy party
- another friend listened attentively as I told her I knew who her soulmate was and that I was trying to figure out a way for them to meet
- another friend shared her heartrending story about losing a child and inspired me by her ability to continue seeing the miracles in life
- and my Mom, probably my biggest cheerleader of all, spent a good 30 minutes on the phone with me during my commute, telling me in every way she knew how to "go for it!" in regards to career stuff

This is all within one day and it doesn't even count my sweet kids and the hugs and kisses I get as soon as I walk in the door.

My cup runneth over, as they would say in the churches I attended as a child. Now it's my turn to share the love.

No comments: