Friday, June 11, 2010

Always up for something new...

Yes. I changed the color and template of my blog - at least temporarily. As I told my daughter when I finally relented and allowed her to have a Facebook page, "I reserve the right to change my mind about this at any point in the future. Just because I'm saying yes now, that does NOT mean the answer is yes for all eternity."

Or something like that. Aren't you glad you didn't have me as a mom when you were a kid?

I already miss the green of my original blog. Green is sort of my theme color, except I don't really have "themes" because that would necessitate a certain consistency on my part - which continues to elude me. You might notice, as you scroll down the page (which seems longer than the previous format - another drawback), the pink gets stronger and more pink-ish. I'm not  liking that very much.

How many bloggers angst about their template changes online and point out what they don't like about the alterations? Perhaps I should go ahead and prepare written statements for my employer, pastor and husband about how I'm not living up to my full potential?

Nah. I'm sure it's quite obvious even without a narrative.

I suppose my point, if I were to try to find one in these ramblings, is that if you don't like the new template - feel free to comment honestly because you won't hurt my feelings.

And of course, if you DO like it - or if you at least like the little bird on the right hand side of the page (she's the real reason I chose this style) - feel free to let me know about that as well.

2 comments:

Megan Willome said...

Love it! And it's more coral than pink, I think.

Renee said...

I like the template, and I love the bird. I'm not wild about the color, but I'm not a big coral/salmon person. I wonder if you can play around with the color scheme. I tried but when I chose a different color scheme it took away the template. So I left it.