Sunday, October 14, 2012

Costco Candy (Or Why My Husband Shouldn't Travel to San Francisco)


I just bought two big bags/boxes of candy at Costco because my kids wanted them and my husband is on a flight to San Francisco so he wasn't around to say "No way." I reasoned we'd use most of the candy for Halloween, but to be honest, it's still insane I agreed to buy it. I usually keep sugar far from our house. Now we own 100 Tootsie Pops and 60 ounces of Hershey's.

I can't decide whether it was an act of rebellion against his aversion to impulse Costco purchases or whether I was just so shell-shocked about being husband-less for a few days that I didn't care what my kids bought. Either way, it doesn't say much about my ability to handle the tough decisions on my own. Halloween is two weeks away and I swear that bag of chocolate is already whispering my name.

I hate being alone. (Kids don't keep me company. Neither does the dog.) If I had to put up with a traveling husband like some of you, we'd be eating Costco free samples for dinner at least twice a week. And, you know, those brownie bites don't last very long.

Dang, I wish he'd hurry home but he hasn't even landed yet. Maybe next time he should hide the Costco card before he goes.

No comments: