Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hello Bert(s)

Speaking of friendship...

Just today, an acquaintance of mine posted a link to this article on her Facebook page. You need to read it. Really - go ahead.

Did you read it? It will come as no surprise to anyone that I am a Chaos Muppet. What might surprise all of you (since you don't know each other) is that if you are reading this post, you're an Order Muppet. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, that means you didn't do what I told you to do. Seriously. Go read the article. Now.

Great. Now we're all on the same page.

It seems to me that everyone who plays a significant role in my life (other than certain members of my genetic family) is very orderly. Now...it could be I'm so chaotic that everyone else seems orderly by comparison. But...I think I'm drawn to Order Muppets. Only a few of my dearest friends read this blog, which means that if you're reading it - you're a Bert to my Ernie. A Scooter to my Grover. A Kermit to my (ugh) Miss Piggy.

I have some casual friends who join me in the land of Fozzie Bear and Cookie Monster. Some of them are so chaotic they make me look structured. Although I like these people and enjoy their company, I'm just not bonded to them. I don't feel connected in the same way. They don't know my secrets.

I know why I want and need you guys in my life. That's pretty obvious, isn't it? But it cracks me up that it goes both ways and you guys hang with me and the cookie crumbs I leave everywhere I go. I'm a lucky girl.  

3 comments:

Megan Willome said...

I thought of you when I read about the chaos muppet. And yes, I am a boring order muppet. That's why we've been friends for 23 years this October. Sorry, I don't know the exact date.

JennInAustin said...

At least you know the month. Wow! 23 years! Thank goodness I have you to remember our friendship anniversary and David to remember our wedding. (Yes. I forget the number of years of marriage regularly.)

Mica said...

Wait, I read it, analyzed the information, and have no clue what I am! I guess that means chaos? You should just tell me!